| The Rotary Club of Marion
and Klein and Cook Orthodontic LLC recently approved an agreement in which
the Rotary Club would screen and approve applicants for orthodonic services
to be performed free of charge in a new service Drs. Klein and Cook calls
the "Smiles of Hope Scholarship Program."
The applications must
meet the following requirements:
1. Applicants must have resided in the
country one year or greater
All Applications must contain
2. Applicants must be between the ages of 7 and
3. Applicants parents must have a combined income
that is lower than 150% of the Federal poverty
level. If the applicant qualifies for free or reduced school lunches, they
are encouraged to apply.
1. A recent photo
2. Age and locator information (i.e. phone number,
e-mail, address, etc.)
3. Paragraph written by the applicant about how
the scholarship will benefit them.
4. Two letters of recommendation (preferably
from a dentist, teacher, clergy, etc.)
5. Verify parent's income in the form of the
previous year's tax returns, W-2, or paystub information must be available
6. Agreement that the application and photos
become the property of the scholarship program committee and will not be
returned to applicant.
7. Signed consent that names and photos can be
used for professional presentations and to announce the scholarship recipient
on Klein and Cook Orthodontic's website and the Rotary Club of Marion,
the Smiles of Hope Application